On the 22nd and 23rd of May, the 4th transnational meeting of the E3D+VET project took place in Palermo at Ceipes office.
The main goal of thie project is to train teachers non-computer design skilled in VET centres with the aim of using 3D printing across some of the school subjects. The use of this technology in VET schools will improve educational transversal skills of the students.
The project is carried out by six partners: CEIPES – International Centre for the Promotion of Education and Development (Italy), CETEM – Technological Research Centre of Wood and Furniture of Murcia Region (Spain), STP – Styrian technology Park (Slovenia), Pristálica (Spain), KIT- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Germany) and SEMKA – Seminar Berufliche Schulen Karlsruhe (Germany) and it is funded by the European Commission within Erasmus+ programme, Key Action 2 (Strategic Partnership for Innovation and Exchange of good practices).
During the meeting the partners discussed about some important key points:
- Presentation and Validation of the designs of the exercises developed by each partner that will be test in the pilot phase by teachers and students involved in the project.
- The E3D+VET web platform that will contain the files in STL format.
- The methodology that will be useful for conducting the pilot phase.
- The tools useful for the validation and recognition of the Project Results.
- The webinars regarding the immersions of 3D printing in VET education.
- The dissemination plan in which there are all the communication actions that partners should follow to promote the project.
Partners will meet again for the 5th transnational meeting in which will take place in Yeacla (Spain) from 9th to 10th October 2019.